The Night Visitor

it was 2:30 am. My parents had been away for the weekend, so I took advantage and had my boyfriend over. We had been up watching movies all night, and decided to sleep downstairs on a makeshift bed. Once we had turned the television off, the house was silent, that was until we heard a cry. It sounded like a small child, so I dismissed it thinking it was one of my younger brothers. Then I remembered, they were away with my parents. I couldn't stop thinking about it, and decided to tell Edward; he just smiled and said it was probably from outside.

A while later, Edward was fast asleep, but I was extremely restless, I carefully took his arms off my waist and turned my body over to face the other side of the room. The next thing I saw scared the life out of me. It was a dark figure standing at the opposite side of the room. I couldn't see its face, but I could tell it was a man; it seemed to have its arms reaching out as if it was clawing at something. I screamed, jumping on top of Edward, he woke up and asked what was wrong. I had my eyes closed and just pointed in the direction of the figure. "What?" he had asked. At this point I was sobbing "I saw a man, he was trying to grab me!" I managed to get out. He turned on the light, told me to wait there and went to search the house. Whilst he was gone I heard strange noises -- I heard tapping at the end of the hall and the front door opening and shutting, then the front gate being locked. When he came down he tried to reassure me that there wasn't anyone else in the house. Feeling too on edge I turned the television on, but I couldn't concentrate, I couldn't bring myself to look over where I'd seen the figure, either.

At this point, it was 3:13am. And things were about to get worse. The family photo frames came crashing down simultaneously and the television switched channels, there was glass everywhere. The next thing we knew the sofa started shaking, we weren't sitting on it, so we could see that it was being lifted off the ground, the covers then seemed to fly across the room. I looked at Edward who grabbed my hand, the television volume turned up to the highest point, and switched channels one more time, the person on the television was saying "get out" over and over again. Edward looked at me and nodded: "We're getting out of here." We ran into the hall and grabbed our coats and my bag. I didn't bother locking the front door on my way out, I wanted to get as far away as possible -- and fast! We stayed in his car that night, I was so tired. I closed my eyes, taking one last glance at the house. There, I could see the same sort of figure standing by the window of the living room... where we'd been before.

I'll never forget that night; Edward doesn't like to talk about it. Neither of us has ever told anyone before, I felt like I needed to tell someone -anyone- else. I have moved houses since, but I still have nightmares because of it.

Komentar